Will I be exempted from passing English and U.S. government and history tests if I have a physical disability or an impairment?

Yes, USCIS may allow you to avoid passing the obligatory English and civic tests if you are physically impaired. But you must explicitly request such an exemption. You will need to file Form N-648 with USCIS.

Form N-648 is also called Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions. Note that applicants for naturalization must not complete Form N-648. USCIS will consider your Form N-648 application only if a licensed doctor (or psychologist) completed it.

At the same time, you may need to consult with an immigration lawyer and a doctor to find out if your physical condition will qualify for English and civic tests exemption. Because, in fact, only USCIS can decide whether you are eligible for a test waiver or not, so you should know beforehand if you will be exempted from tests.

Also learn form n 400 application for naturalization.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GiottoPress by Enrique Chavez